Resin-Coated Ceramic Sand Applied for Alloy Steel Castings
Description of Fused Resin-coated Ceramic Sand
Features: high strength, low gassing, low expansion, low deformation, high refractoriness, high air permeability, fast curing speed, etc.
Advantages: good sand resistance and thermal stability. No shelling, smooth casting surface, high dimensional accuracy.
Application of Fused resin-coated Ceramic Sand
It is widely used in the manufacture of bucket teeth, alloy steel and stainless steel valve body shell cores of construction machinery excavators.
Matters Needing Attention
Store in a cool and dry place, avoid direct sunlight, and pay attention to moisture resistance.
Qiangxin Fused Resin-coated Ceramic Sand
1. Coated sand can be configured according to customers' products and foundry processes;
2. Grain size, melting point and other indicators of coated sand can be adjusted according to customer requirements.
Precautions of Coated Sand for Alloy Steel
When the coated sand is used in the production of low alloy steel castings, its quality standard must be strictly controlled, especially the refractoriness of raw sand and the strength and gas evolution of coated sand. Only when the quality control index suitable for the characteristics of castings is formulated, can it be well applied. Fused resin-coated ceramic sand can meet the above requirements, especially the high-quality coated sand with high strength and toughness, high temperature resistance and low gas evolution for low-alloy steel castings.
For resin manufacturers, the study of resins with high polymerization rate and curing rate can not only solve the problem of crust thickness, but also accelerate the speed of molding and core making, save a lot of energy and reduce the production cost of castings.
What Benefits will Fused Resin-coated Ceramic Sand Bring to Alloy Steel Castings?
(1) High dimensional accuracy: due to the high dimensional accuracy of box castings, especially the key dimension of the inner cavity, which can’t be guaranteed by the sodium silicate process. While the sand mold size changes little after the shell core of the shell mold is pulled out, and the dimensional accuracy of the castings produced is high, which can meet the accuracy requirements of the box.
(2) High strength: the box type core produced by fused resin-coated ceramic sand has high strength, which can meet the requirements of handling, box closing and other processes, is not easy to damage the sand mold, and can meet the requirements of mass production. At the same time, due to the high strength of the core, it is not easy to drop sand, so that the sand inclusion defects of the casting are reduced, which can ensure the internal quality of the box
(3) Good collapsibility: the fused resin-coated ceramic sand shell core has good collapsibility under the action of high temperature molten steel, it is easy to clean castings and reduces the labor intensity of workers
(4) Good air permeability and yielding: good high temperature yielding. It is conducive to the elimination of cracks.