Why are more and more factories using Fused Ceramic Sand?
Green casting is the development trend of China's foundry industry in the future. As an indispensable foundry sand in the foundry industry, it plays a key role in the process of Building Green Foundry. Fused ceramic sand will become the "new favorite" of foundry sand because of its significant advantages in improving casting quality, reducing production costs, improving economic benefits, improving production environment and reducing dust hazards. Fused ceramic sand, a new green casting material in the 21st century, will play a greater role in advocating sustainable development and green casting in the new era.
How is Fused ceramic sand produced?
Raw materials (bauxite) are added into the electric arc furnace, and the raw materials are melted into liquid raw materials by using the high temperature generated by the electric arc; The liquid raw material is led out of the electric arc furnace and crushed by strong air pressure; After cooling, the ball or sand mold close to the ball is obtained.
Fused ceramic sand material is heated rapidly, with high heating temperature and easy to control temperature; The production process is easy to realize mechanization and automation; Good labor hygiene conditions; High thermal efficiency; It is a good product that meets the requirements of environmental protection.
The resin content addition with Fused ceramic sand is very low. Why does it have high strength?
1. Micro pores on the surface of Fused ceramic sand can enhance the adhesion of resin film.
2. Fused ceramic sand has high roundness and smooth surface, and the whole spherical surface can be evenly coated with a small amount of resin.
3. The three factors of bonding bridge, complete bonding film and cohesive fracture on the surface of Fused ceramic sand form the theoretical support for the high strength of Fused ceramic sand. It can be concluded that the specific strength of Fused ceramic sand is much higher than that of other raw sand, which means that the amount of resin can be reduced by using Fused ceramic sand, which means that it is easier to remove the brittle film attached to the sand surface during regeneration.
Advantages of Fused ceramic sand as casting raw sand:
1. It is spherical in shape and has good fluidity and filling property. Fused ceramic sand is nearly round in shape, smooth in surface, without concave and convex veins, good in fluidity and filling, easy to compact in shape, and has good air permeability. Silica sand and forsterite sand are multilateral molding sand with poor fluidity.
2. The low thermal expansion rate is conducive to the production of high-precision castings. The high thermal expansion coefficient of silica sand will cause sand inclusion, scab, rat tail and other casting defects. The thermal expansion coefficient of Fused ceramic sand is very small, and there is almost no expansion phenomenon in the pouring process. Its performance is comparable to that of zircon sand. Therefore, using Fused ceramic sand, the castings produced have high dimensional accuracy, few surface defects, and are not prone to sand inclusion, sand flushing, porosity and other defects, and the yield of castings is high.
3. It has good crushing resistance and is conducive to recycling. Fused ceramic sand has good compactness and high strength, and is rarely broken even if it is repeatedly recycled. Therefore, it greatly reduces the emission of dust and waste sand in the casting production process, which is conducive to environmental protection.
4. Good fire resistance (high). Fused ceramic sand is mainly composed of aluminum oxide, and its fire resistance is ≥ 1790 ℃, which can meet the requirements of casting various metals and alloys. However, there are many kinds of crystals in silica sand at different temperatures, which will reduce the refractoriness of molding sand again in the pouring process. Therefore, the use of Fused ceramic sand can significantly reduce the mechanical and chemical sand sticking, which greatly reduces the workload of falling sand cleaning.