What is ceramic sand?
Ceramic sand is also known as electric melting ceramics and, ceramics and, scientific name "molten ceramic sand", is green casting sand of environmental protection. It has the advantages of high-temperature resistance, no crushing, no dust accumulation, spherical, high permeability, good filling performance, no silica dust harm and so on. ceramic sand is made of high-quality aluminum vanadium soil by calcination, electrowetting, granulation, screening and other processes.
Characteristics of ceramic sand
Ceramic sand is made of high-quality bauxite by calcination, electrowetting, granulation, screening and other processes. His characteristics can be summarized as follows:
It has a low thermal expansion coefficient and similar properties to zircon sand. When used to prepare sand, the casting will not have expansion defects;
The sand is spherical, has good fluidity, easy compaction, and good air permeability;
Smooth surface, compact structure, so that the adhesive is evenly covered;
Ceramic sand is a neutral material that can be used as an acid or base binder;
Good recovery performance, cost-effective;
High fire resistance, easy to collapse;
High thermal conductivity, good stability, no cracking;
Wide range of applications.
The application of ceramic sand
1. Ceramic sand is widely used in resin sand (feed resin and phenolic resin), sodium silicate sand (organic resin and CO2 hardening) and coated sand.
2. Ceramic sand is suitable for various metal castings of enterprises, such as carbon steel, alloy steel (high carbon steel, high chromium cast iron), cast iron, copper and so on.
3. Ceramic sand is a kind of artificial sand, suitable for all kinds of casting technology methods, such as the V method, VRH method, lost mold casting, investment casting, ordinary sand casting (clay sand, sodium silicate CO2 hardening), resin sand and so on.
4. Ceramic sand is suitable for the production of all kinds of binder and all kinds of metal material castings. It can not only greatly improve the quality of casting, but also has easy to remove sand, sand making process is simple and convenient.
5. Can be used for the 3D printing process.
6. Can produce casting paint, lost mold paint.
7. It can be used as polishing sand for steel, aluminum and other products.
The difference between ceramic sand and quartz sand
Generally speaking, the advantage of quartz sand is widely distributed, and low cost; But its disadvantages are also quite obvious: one is large expansion coefficient, casting accuracy is low; Second, the surface of the casting is seriously sticky sand, and sand removal is difficult.
However, ceramic sand can overcome these shortcomings, thus greatly improving the quality of the casting. Ceramic sand is made of high-quality aluminum vanadium soil as raw material by electric melting, granulation, screening and other processes. Can replace the quartz sand, overcome the quartz sand expansion, low precision casting, sand stick serious shortcomings of the coefficient, to improve the quality of castings.
Foundry Ceramic Sand Manufacturers and Suppliers in China
Fused Ceramic Sand (fusedceramicsand.com) is specialized in the production and sales of high-end casting new material - fused ceramic sand for foundry (commonly known as "Ceramic Sand) which is a professional manufacturer of ceramic foundry sand for foundry industries, high quality, good service and meet different needs for your project.
Ceramic Foundry Sand and Coated Foundry sand are widely used in metal foundry molding and casting industries including lost foam casting, V-process Casting, Alkaline Phenolic Resin no-bake sand, and more.
Get in touch with Fused Ceramic Sand Engineers right now for any and all of your foundry ceramic sand needs!
Mobile: +86 15703799093