What is shell molding process?
The shell mold casting process is to use the mold (core) sand pre coated with phenolic resin film to heat and cure in the mold to make the mold core and then form it. This method can make the surface of the casting smoother, the size more accurate, reduce or do not need mechanical processing, shorten the production cycle, save metal materials and reduce costs.
Moreover, the mold can be made by automatic machines without skilled workers, especially suitable for batch production of various small and medium-sized metal castings. With the continuous improvement of raw materials, manufacturing equipment and manufacturing process, the quality of coated sand has been continuously improved, and the production cost has been continuously reduced. Since the 1990s, the application of coated sand has developed more rapidly, and the variety of products has been increasing, and has formed a series. At present, the annual output of coated sand for casting in China has reached more than millions. At the same time, the plastic coated sand recycling equipment and production line are increasingly mature.
Application of Fused ceramic sand in shell mold casting process
Fused ceramic sand should be rapidly popularized in coated sand because of its round shape, high fire resistance, stable chemical properties, high strength and high recycling rate, and the application of Fused ceramic sand in shell mold casting is also increasing.
Applicability of Fused ceramic sand shell mold process
1. Fused ceramic sand shell mold precision casting process can be applied to small and medium-sized castings with different materials, such as cast iron, cast carbon steel, cast medium and low alloy steel, stainless steel and non-ferrous alloy;
2. Using the Fused ceramic sand shell mold precision casting process, the casting dimensional accuracy can reach CT7 ~ CT6 grade, and the surface roughness can reach Ra12More than 5. It can greatly improve the quality of sand casting and partly replace the lost wax precision casting process;
Advantages and characteristics of fused ceramic sand shell mold process
1. The production efficiency and market reaction speed can be greatly improved by using Fused ceramic sand shell mold precision casting process.
2. The use of fused ceramic sand shell mold precision casting process can significantly reduce the casting cost and achieve huge economic benefits.
3. Fused ceramic sand shell mold precision casting process is simple and convenient to regenerate used sand, which greatly reduces the discharge of pollutants such as solid waste, and has obvious environmental protection benefits while obtaining economic benefits. It is a sustainable casting technology.
4. Fused ceramic sand shell mold precision casting process will become a hot spot of new practical casting technology for a considerable period in the future.