What is Fused Ceramic Sand?
Ceramic foundry sand, whose scientific name is "fused ceramic sand for foundry", is a Calcined Bauxite with aluminum oxide (Al2O3) as the main component, which is made into foundry sand with different particle sizes through melting, injection, screening and other processes. Fused ceramic sand is a new type of spherical artificial sand and has been popularized and applied in different fields of the foundry industry.
Casting process advantages of Fused ceramic sand
The rapid popularization and application of Fused ceramic sand benefits from the following casting process advantages:
1. Nearly spherical particles, smooth surface - low binder consumption, low gas generation, good fluidity, good filling, and good collapsibility after pouring.
2. Low thermal expansion rate - the thermal expansion rate of Fused ceramic sand is comparable to that of zircon sand, which is 1/5 of that of silica sand1/2 of chromite sand. The castings produced have high dimensional accuracy, few defects and high yield; Using Fused ceramic sand to prepare mold and core sand can basically eliminate the expansion defects such as casting veins.
3. Good crushing resistance - Fused ceramic sand has compact material, strong crushing resistance, and low crushing rate when reused, which greatly improves the recycling rate of core sand, reduces the discharge of waste sand, and is conducive to cost reduction and environmental protection.
4. High fire resistance - reduce sand sticking, reduce cleaning workload, and improve the surface quality of castings. At the same time, it is especially suitable for the production of sand cores and steel castings with complex shape and small cross-sectional area.
5. The bulk density is relatively small - the bulk density of Fused ceramic sand is about 2 g/cm3, which is less than 2.5-2.9 g/cm3 of chromite sand. The manufactured sand core is lighter and easy to handle, which can reduce the use of core sand.
6. Good process applicability for binder and casting alloy - the main component of Fused ceramic sand is Al2O3, which is a neutral material. Acid and alkali binder systems can be used, and it is suitable for all kinds of casting alloys.
7. Fused ceramic sand has a wide range of grain size - it can be mixed according to any combination according to requirements to meet different needs of customers.
8. High cost performance - the price of Fused ceramic sand is about 1/3 of that of zirconium sand. Although the unit price of raw sand is higher than that of silica sand, the comprehensive evaluation shows that under certain conditions, the use of Fused ceramic sand has certain economic benefits, significant environmental benefits and high cost performance.
Using Methods of Fused Ceramic Sand
1. Fused ceramic sand does not need to be used in the same way as silica sand, but only needs a little adhesive.
2. Fused ceramic sand is spherical in size, with a smooth surface. It can be solid if it shakes slightly. In addition, it has good air permeability.
3. Fused ceramic sand products are neutral, so it has no acid-base corrosion on castings, i.e. equipment, and can be used to cast any product.
4. Fused ceramic sand casting has good fluidity, no need to clean the sand, just need to sprinkle, it can fall off by itself, and the casting surface is smooth.
5. Fused ceramic sand is easy to be scattered and recycled, so it can not be disposed of as waste after use. It only needs to be slightly processed and can be used repeatedly.
Manufacturer of Fused ceramic sand
Sanmenxia Qiangxin Foundry Material Co. Ltd. is a reliable and high-quality global chemical material supplier and manufacturer. It has more than 20 years of experience providing fused ceramic sand or ceramic sand for foundry. If you are looking for high-quality ceramic foundry sand, you are welcome to contact us or inquire at any time.