What is shell casting/molding?
The shell mold casting process was first invented by German Dr. J. Cronin in 1943. It uses the mold (core) sand pre coated with phenolic resin film to heat and cure in the mold to make the core, also known as Cronin process. Since 1944, it has been used in German foundry enterprises. Since 1947, this casting process has been rapidly promoted. Many enterprises in some countries began to widely adopt and develop the shell casting method. This new method can make the casting surface smoother, the size more accurate, reduce or do not need mechanical processing, can shorten the production cycle, save metal materials, reduce costs; and the mold can be made by automatic machinery, without skilled workers, especially suitable for the batch and mass production of various metal small and medium-sized castings. It is a mature special casting (precision casting) process.
Application status of shell mold casting and coated sand in China
China began to study the application of coated sand and shell (core) process in the 1950s. Until the mid-1980s, only a few factories used self-made coated sand for shell and core production. Since then, coated sand has been introduced to the market as a commodity. With the continuous improvement of raw materials, manufacturing equipment and manufacturing process, the quality of coated sand has been continuously improved, and the production cost has been reduced. Since the 1990s, the application of coated sand has been more rapidly developed, the variety of products has been increasing, and has formed a series. At present, the annual output of coated sand for casting in China has reached millions of tons. At the same time, the film coated sand recycling equipment and production lines are becoming more and more mature. There are nearly 100 professional manufacturers and many manufacturers have built various forms of film coated and recycling equipment. With the rapid development of China's automotive industry, the need for the export of mechanical products and the development of the international casting market, the requirements for casting quality are becoming higher and higher, and the application of coated sand will grow rapidly in the short term.
Why can Fused resin-coated ceramic sand accelerate the development of shell molding?
In recent years, the development and application of Fused resin-coated ceramic sand has rapidly expanded the application scope of shell mold casting process. It mainly benefits from:
1. Fused resin-coated ceramic sand has the advantages of less resin addition, high strength and toughness, good flowability of core sand and low gas generation.
2. Fused ceramic sand is neutral and has high fire resistance. It is suitable for cast iron and cast steel (carbon steel, medium and low alloy steel, stainless stee, chromium steel, manganese steel and nonferrous alloy casting.
3. Fused ceramic sand has high hardness and strength, low crushing rate, high recycling rate and low discharge of used sand.
4. Fused ceramic sand has small thermal expansion, which can significantly reduce the tendency of veining.
5. As an artificial sand, fused ceramic sand has a wide particle size distribution and is suitable for various casting processes and casting process requirements. It still has high air permeability, which is beneficial to improve the surface quality of castings.
Fused ceramic sand supplier.
Sanmenxia Qiangxin Foundry Material Co. Ltd. is a reliable and high-quality global chemical material supplier and manufacturer. It has more than 20 years of experience providing fused ceramic sand or ceramic sand for foundry. If you are looking for high-quality ceramic foundry sand, you are welcome to contact us or inquire at any time.