During the production and use of fused ceramic sand, many inspections and tests are required, such as particle size distribution, chemical composition, acid consumption value, pH value, specific gravity and various performance tests. Today, we will focus on the method and process of particle size distibution for fused ceramic sand (ton packaging).
I．Fused cermaic sand Sampling equipment and tools:
1. Sampler: stainless steel tube with internal diameter of 18mm，length greater than 800mm, one end closed; in one side
of the tube，make opening an injection hole with a diameter of about 6mm from the closed end at each space of 50mm ,
there is a total of 12 injection holes.
2. Sample containers: the spherical bottomed stainless steel bowl with the diameter of about 120-150mm, the depth no less
3. Electronic scale: 2000 grams with the accuracy of 1/10.
4. Vibrating Screening Machine: The standard vibrating screening machine for casting.
5. Analysis sieve: standard analytical sieve for casting, a soft brush.
II. Fused cermaic sand Sampling:
1. Each t-bag is treated as a single test object. The sampling points are shown in Fig.1.
There should be no less than 4 samples at sampling point 1
There should be no less than 3 samples at sampling point 2
There should be no less than 2 samples at sampling point 3
3. The samples taken from each ton-bag shall be no less than 250 grams, and loaded in sample containers.
III. To Weigh the representative samples for analysis:
By using a spoon, 200g of sample should be uniformly taken from the container
as the representative sample for the ton-bag product’s analysis.
IV. Fused cermaic sand Screening and Recording:
The screening process is carried out in accordance with the casting sand analysis process. Work time for the Vibrating Screening
Machine is three minutes. Then record the screening result data of the representative samples in detail, according to the AFS standard
to calculate the AFS value of the representative samples, complete the sampling sizes report and submit to the quality inspection department.
V. The management of the reserved samples:
The representative samples for analysis shall be stored in the sample bag and marked in detail and shall be kept by the sales department.
The samples shall be stored for no less than 3 months.